Artifacts are noise that appears in CT images. You should note that artifacts result in CT images that do not correspond to the original physical shape and density.
Depending on the cause, there are artifacts called beam hardening, metal artifacts, ring artifacts, etc.
Information on related articles in Technical Knowledge
- What are X-rays? (Basic Knowledge)
- The Right Way to Choose appropriate X-ray Inspection System
- Non-Destructive Testing: Types and Applications
- How to Take Beautiful X-ray CT Images? - X-ray Non-Destructive Inspection series (1) -
- Information Obtained from X-ray CT Images and How to View Them - X-ray Non-Destructive Inspection series (2) -
- X-ray Image Processing and Automatic Inspection - X-ray Non-Destructive Inspection series (3) -
- Types of X-ray tubes and high-voltage power supplies
- Principles of Radiography
- How to use X-ray Inspection System safely
- What is Microfocus X-ray? (Basic Knowledge)
- Radiation Effects on the Human body and the safety of X-ray equipment
- What is the difference between radioactivity, radiation, and radioactive materials?