Cone beam artifacts, also called Feldkamp artifacts, occur in areas of the sample horizontal to the detector. You can avoid it by skewing the object.
Information on related articles in Technical Knowledge
- What are X-rays? (Basic Knowledge)
- The Right Way to Choose appropriate X-ray Inspection System
- Non-Destructive Testing: Types and Applications
- How to Take Beautiful X-ray CT Images? - X-ray Non-Destructive Inspection series (1) -
- Information Obtained from X-ray CT Images and How to View Them - X-ray Non-Destructive Inspection series (2) -
- Automatic Inspection and X-ray Image Processing - X-ray Non-Destructive Inspection series (3) -
- Types of X-ray tubes and high-voltage power supplies
- Principles of Radiography
- How to use X-ray Inspection System safely
- What is Microfocus X-ray? (Basic Knowledge)
- Effects of radiation on the human body and the safety of X-ray equipment
- What is the difference between radioactivity, radiation, and radioactive materials?