In semiconductor magnified X-ray inspections, the state of wire bonding is examined at an enlarged scale, checking for issues such as wire breakage, pitch deviation, and poor bonding.
IC chip wire bonding cannot be visually inspected once it has been sealed with resin molding, and it has fine structure of around 20 to 30 μm. X-ray system is needed for such wire bonding inspections.
Inspections for wire breakage, poor bonding, and measuring wire flow rate require X-ray imaging that remains clear even when magnified. In this case the X-ray inspection system need the capability of maintaining a small focal spot size.
Matsusada Precision's X-ray inspection systems are equipped with original microfocus X-ray tubes, taking advantage of the company's expertise in high-voltage power supplies to achieve the industry's smallest focal spot size of 5 μm for benchtop systems and 4 μm for stationary systems, ensuring clear observation. With advanced CT technologies, we also offer 2D and 3D CT scan functions designed for inspections of wire bonding in terms of three-dimensional shape and delamination.
Moreover, X-ray inspections are useful in authenticating semiconductor IC chips.
|X-ray tube voltage||90 kV|
|Magnification||100x or more|
Information on related articles in Technical Knowledge
- Semiconductor Manufacturing Process (Back-End Process)
- The Right Way to Choose appropriate X-ray Inspection System
- Principles of Radiography
- How to use X-ray Inspection System safely
- What is Microfocus X-ray? (Basic Knowledge)
- X-Ray Computed Tomography (CT) Basics: Learn more about CT technique.
- Non-Destructive Testing: Types and Applications
- What are X-rays? (Basic Knowledge)
- How to Take Beautiful X-ray CT Images? - X-ray Non-Destructive Inspection series (1) -
- Information Obtained from X-ray CT Images and How to View Them - X-ray Non-Destructive Inspection series (2) -
- Automatic Inspection and X-ray Image Processing - X-ray Non-Destructive Inspection series (3) -
- Types of X-ray tubes and high-voltage power supplies
- What is the difference between radioactivity, radiation, and radioactive materials?
- Effects of radiation on the human body and the safety of X-ray equipment