A thermocouple is a sensor that measures temperature by the Thermal Electromotive Force (EMF) generated at the contact point between two different metal wires. Thermal Electromotive Force (EMF) generation principle in thermocouples that is called the Seebeck effect is widely used in industrial temperature sensors.
The temperature range depends on the combination of two metal types. You will visually check an exposed sensor concerning the connection of two metal wire ends. However, you cannot check the insides of sensors whose contact points are covered with a protective tube or sheathed thermocouples. X-ray inspection systems are required for them.
Matsusada Precision's X-ray inspection system can inspect the inside of sheathed thermocouples and the condition and position of thermocouples covered by protective tubes by means of high-resolution X-ray images. X-ray inspection systems dedicated to thermocouples that can support long thermocouples.
X-ray inspection system customized for thermocouples (example)
Thermocouples can be inserted from the side of the X-ray inspection system for inspection.
Thermocouple, Sheathed thermocouple, Nondestructive testing, Seebeck effect, Temperature sensor
- X-ray tube voltage
- X-ray power
Suitable for observing large footprint material or specimens
Information on related articles in Technical Knowledge
- The Right Way to Choose appropriate X-ray Inspection System
- Principles of Radiography
- How to use X-ray Inspection System safely
- What is Microfocus X-ray? (Basic Knowledge)
- X-Ray Computed Tomography (CT) Basics: Learn more about CT technique.
- Non-Destructive Testing: Types and Applications
- What are X-rays? (Basic Knowledge)
- How to Take Beautiful X-ray CT Images? - X-ray Non-Destructive Inspection series (1) -
- Information Obtained from X-ray CT Images and How to View Them - X-ray Non-Destructive Inspection series (2) -
- Automatic Inspection and X-ray Image Processing - X-ray Non-Destructive Inspection series (3) -
- Types of X-ray tubes and high-voltage power supplies
- What is the difference between radioactivity, radiation, and radioactive materials?
- Effects of radiation on the human body and the safety of X-ray equipment