Insert molding is a method of integrally molding metal parts such as terminals by using resin or rubber. Insert molded products may look normal from the outside, but metal-to-metal contact may cause a short circuit, or voids in the resin may weaken the strength, resulting in defective products. Therefore, it is necessary to observe the inside of the object by X-ray image. Insert molded products are used in many electronic devices such as terminals, terminal blocks, connectors, switches, gears, and cases.
Such observations need high X-ray tube voltage to view the detailed metals and a high-resolution camera to inspect the shape and voids in the resin part.
The benchtop X-ray inspection system precision μB4600 has options in terms of X-ray tube voltage and X-ray camera to meet your needs. For customers who frequently observe metals, a high-vision model with an optional X-ray tube voltage of 100 kV is available. An advanced option, models employing the tube voltage 60 kV and 3-megapixel, are provided to inspect a wider area of resin parts.
The X-ray CT-compatible inspection system, precisionμB4500, features a new artifact reduction function that enables observation of hidden areas from noise.
|X-ray tube voltage||60 to 130 kV|
|Magnification||1 to 100x|
- X-ray voltage
- 60 to 100kV
- X-ray power
- 9 to 60W
High Power Model
Information on related articles in Technical Knowledge
- The Right Way to Choose appropriate X-ray Inspection System
- Principles of Radiography
- How to use X-ray Inspection System safely
- X-Ray Computed Tomography (CT) Basics: Learn more about CT technique.
- Non-Destructive Testing: Types and Applications
- What are X-rays? (Basic Knowledge)
- How to Take Beautiful X-ray CT Images? - X-ray Non-Destructive Inspection series (1) -
- Information Obtained from X-ray CT Images and How to View Them - X-ray Non-Destructive Inspection series (2) -
- Automatic Inspection and X-ray Image Processing - X-ray Non-Destructive Inspection series (3) -
- What is the difference between radioactivity, radiation, and radioactive materials?
- Effects of radiation on the human body and the safety of X-ray equipment