Industrial heaters include sheathed heaters, panel heaters, ribbon heaters, hot plates, and cartridge heaters. The heater generates heat due to its resistance when the resistance wire (resistance heating wire) is energized. Sheath heaters cover resistance wires with a metal tube to prevent electric shock and make them easier to handle. In X-ray inspection of industrial heaters, internal inspections for Galvanic isolation defects, wire breaks, and short circuits are available.
Matsusada Precision produces X-ray inspection systems that can nondestructively inspect various heaters, such as sheathed and ceramic heaters. Using Computed Tomography and 3D X-ray scan, it is possible to inspect the heater's interior that cannot be visually inspected.
We also have dedicated X-ray inspection systems that can accommodate long heaters.
Industrial heaters, Seed heaters, Cartridge heaters, Ceramic heaters, Resistance wire, Resistance heating wire
- X-ray tube voltage
- X-ray power
Suitable for observing large footprint material or specimens
Information on related articles in Technical Knowledge
- Types of Resistors. Basic component knowledge
- The Right Way to Choose appropriate X-ray Inspection System
- Principles of Radiography
- X-Ray Computed Tomography (CT) Basics: Learn more about CT technique.
- Non-Destructive Testing: Types and Applications
- What are X-rays? (Basic Knowledge)
- How to Take Beautiful X-ray CT Images? - X-ray Non-Destructive Inspection series (1) -
- Information Obtained from X-ray CT Images and How to View Them - X-ray Non-Destructive Inspection series (2) -
- Automatic Inspection and X-ray Image Processing - X-ray Non-Destructive Inspection series (3) -
- Types of X-ray tubes and high-voltage power supplies
- What is the difference between radioactivity, radiation, and radioactive materials?
- Effects of radiation on the human body and the safety of X-ray equipment