Medical and industrial X-ray inspection systems differ in the following points.
- Medical X-ray inspection systems are specialized for examining the human body, so the voltage and current of the X-ray tube are used at a specific constant level.
- Medical X-ray inspection systems have a short X-ray exposure time to minimize radiation exposure to the examinee.
- Medical X-ray inspection systems use large-area detectors such as film, imaging plates, and FPDs.
- Industrial X-ray inspection system is general-purpose in terms of X-ray intensity and magnification rate, depending on the sample.
- Many industrial X-ray inspection systems can provide continuous X-ray irradiation and real-time confirmation.